Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bourbon Country

So I just got back from a whirlwind, 5-day rampage through Bourbon country; tours of almost every distillery, sips of white dog, explorations of Louisville's nightlife, and headfirst immersion in bourbon (at times literally). I've got to go to work right now, but over the next couple of days I'll be posting a rundown of our experiences, as well as some correlations I've been making in my quest to really understand whiskey, especially bourbon whiskey, in its transformation from grains waving in the field to that amber hammer we know and love. I'll probably get a bit emotional at times, because when you see the love that goes into this product it becomes impossible not to be affected by that love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's make it a discussion...but how about a sensible one, eh?